Whether it’s a spare part for your existing WTI system or you need a custom web guide for your new application, Precision Process can assist you with your WTI Web Guide needs. WTI Web Guides and components are used in a variety of applications: Business Forms Press, Commercial Offset & Rotogravure Printing, Package Printing and Flexible Packaging, as well as Custom Designed Web Guiding Systems.
A WTI Web Guide will maintain the alignment accuracy of your substrate into your manufacturing process thereby increasing production and reducing waste. An electronic feedback system monitors and corrects edge position 4 times faster than pneumatic systems. Accuracy improves from ±015" to ±003" or better. Maintenance decreases in the absence of fluids, filters, etc.
Learn more about the WTI Web Guide features including custom applications, Commercial Offset and Rotogravure Printing, Business Form Applications, Package Printing and Flexible Packaging, EGS-2 or 2T Control Module, the Electromotive Drive, IR-2 Infrared Edge Sensors, and the Smart Box Remote Station.
Custom Designed Web Guide Applications:
- For dual direction processes on all types of substrates (as shown)
- Steering roller guiding systems (single roll) for conveyors, belts, textiles, non-wovens, etc.
- Tire rubber guiding applications
- Static-chasing guiding systems for aligning two webs together
- Shifting stands to replace existing pneumatic/hydraulic controls
- Retrofit packages of existing pneumatic/hydraulic or electronic web guides
- Steel, copper and aluminum strip guiding systems
- Non-woven guiding applications
Commercial Offset and Rotogravure Printing Features:
- Systems designed for all wide web applications
Web guide widths from 38" to 140"
Web guide speeds up to 3000 FPM
Web Guide Systems incorporate sturdy, steel framework construction
Larger diameter rollers with air relief grooves
Heavy duty fast responding actuators
"All electronic" systems available for installation in explosion-proof hazardous environments
Optimal automatic set-up of sensors available at operator console
Business Form Press Features:
Package Printing and Flexible Packaging Features:
- Designs available for all model business forms or commercial offset web presses
- Available for web widths 12" to 60"
- For all forms grade paper with operation at a medium tension range
- Available as standard for most OEM presses
- Web widths from 12" to 80"
- Systems available for Tyvek, Kraft Paper, Paperboard, Board / Foil Laminations and corrugated applications
- Designed for high tension applications - Incorporate high torque actuators - Larger Diameter ball screws - Heavy duty bearings and rollers
- Systems available for high-density and low-density films, foil, laminations, coating applications, etc.
- Designed for lighter tensions - Incorporate anti-friction roller bearings
EGS-2 or 2T Control Module Features:
- EGS - 2T controls are available to guide both opaque and transparent materials
- Systems available for installation in explosion - proof hazardous environments
- Centerline resolving available for films, tube stock materials, and other webs which may vary in width.
- Heavy duty metal enclosure
- Lighted push button panel with auto-lock, manual and servo center
- Precise meters for quick sensor set-up
- EGS-2T controls for opaque or transparent materials
- Plug in logic and driver boards for quick change
- 115V or 220 V power retirement
- Stroke limit alarm with auxiliary output
Electromotive Drive Features:
- Totally enclosed AC or DC gear motor direct coupled to recirculating ball screw for zero compliance actuation
- Correction speed of 1.125 IPS maximum (Proportional to error)
- Available strokes: 1.5", 3", 4", 6", 12" (total)
- Electronic servo centering
IR-2 Infrared Edge Sensors Features:
- Combine one or two for edge guiding, alternate edge or centerline guiding
- Pulse modulated LED sensor in optimum light range
- 1" field of view
- Installed filters guarantee suppression of ambient light
- Available gaps 0.625", 1.1875", 2", 3", 6"
- Optional air purged available for extreme dust environments
Smart Box Remote Station Features:
- Accurate remote side lay adjustment at delivery end
- Lighted pushbutton mode select at delivery end
- Allows immediate corrections upon operator inspection of finished product
- Increased efficiency & productivity
- Less waste
Contact us for more information [email protected]